gsched - status report

Fabio Checconi fabio at freebsd.org
Mon Jul 6 14:56:33 UTC 2009

Hi all,
  during the last two weeks I've updated the code to use the bio
classification machinery commited by luigi@ in HEAD, and I've added
some basic tracking of threads' behavior to drive the heuristics
controlling some of the scheduling parameters.

The first two milestones are almost complete, even if the proxy
destruction code still needs more testing with ongoing I/O.

About the third (and last), benchmarking, I've been playing around with
microbenchmarks (using fio, http://git.kernel.dk/?p=fio.git;a=summary)
and I've started looking at sysbench for its oltp implementation and at
TPCC-UVa, an open source tpc-c implementation.