NFSv4 ACL support in star

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Sat Nov 9 21:15:49 UTC 2013

Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> > SCO UnixWare uses the UFS ACL implementation from SVr4/Solaris but added a
> > st_aclcnt field in struct stat. Do you have free space in strct stat on BSD?
>
> We do have a spare field, but for FreeBSD 11 we have to move to 64bit
> inodes, so we won't avoid changing the stat structure. If we need it
> sooner then I believe the spare field is up for grabs.

If you do this kind of a change, do you also change towards a 64 bit time_t for
the file times?

OK, back to the ACL/tar topic.

Star is ready now fopr Solaris:

	ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/schily/schily-2013-11-09.tar.bz2

I tried to convert the acl test archives from Andreas Grünbacher from 2001.
I did this by unpacking the archives using star on ZFS and then repacked the
files from ZFS. They are not at:

	ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/star/alpha/acl-nfsv4-*

It seems that the POSIX-draft -> NFSv4 ACL converter from Solaris libsec is not
optimal as it adds superfluous ACE entries.

Jörg