Extended attribute interfaces

Marius Bendiksen mbendiks at eunet.no
Fri Sep 22 14:07:46 GMT 2000

Replying to myself, here.

I would like to amend my suggestion regarding prefices. I would suggest
that we use the "/" character instead of the dot, and interpret the lack
of a leading "/" as indicative that the attribute is a user attribute,
and thus implicitly prepend "/user/" to it to get the absolute "path".
This gets rid of a lot of hair when importing EAs from systems that
already support them. I don't think the "/" character is used at the
moment.

Marius