Extended attribute interfaces

Andreas Gruenbacher ag at bestbits.at
Thu Sep 21 18:44:10 GMT 2000

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Casey Schaufler wrote:

> Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:
>
> > You mean user attributes for device special files.
>
> Sigh. No, I mean the Irix equivalent of devfs.

I see. Well, the argument still applies. Having write access to a device
special file should not also give you write access to extended user
attributes of that file I think. One also never gets write access to the
special file itself but only to the device it refers to. Correct?

Andreas

 Andreas Gruenbacher, a.gruenbacher at computer.org
 Contact information: http://www.bestbits.at/~ag/