Extended attribute interfaces

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jul 7 16:43:16 GMT 2000

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Robert Watson wrote:

> While the numeric constant can and will be different on different
> platforms, error message and constant name consistency is important.  Is

I say this in a somewhat blase kind of way, but ignored the fact that in
the FreeBSD world, we actually are interested in knowing (if not matching)
the errno values from some other platforms, including Linux, for emulation
purposes.  The FreeBSD ABI layer for Linux, iBSC2, and SVR4 compatibility,
as well as NFS service, needs to know what mappings are made between
BSD-side values and errno values from relevant platforms.  From your
e-mail, it sounded like a value has not officially been assigned in the
Linux community.  Do we know what process is involved there, and whether
that will be completed in the next couple of weeks?

  Robert N M Watson

robert at fledge.watson.org              http://www.watson.org/~robert/