ACL implementation on FreeSBD: semantics/standards/etc

Andreas Gruenbacher a.gruenbacher at infosys.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jan 17 20:28:21 GMT 2000

Casey Schaufler wrote:

> Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:
>
> > Better a bad library than none.
>
> I disagree. The ACL manipulation functions were not only bad,
> but unnecessary. The programmer who needs anything other than
> acl_from_text() and acl_to_text() is pretty much insane.

Maybe not. There is work going on to implement a Gnome ACL manipulation utility
that benefits from a library. Otherwise, you'd have to implement parts of the
library yourself (including your own bugs). I personally don't think I'll ever
need such a graphical tool, but I don't consider it insane to implement one.

Andreas

 Andreas Gruenbacher, a.gruenbacher at computer.org
 Contact information: http://www.infosys.tuwien.ac.at/~agruenba