Is this list dead

Casey Schaufler casey at sgi.com
Thu Sep 16 17:41:02 GMT 1999

Ilmar S. Habibulin wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, Casey Schaufler wrote:
>
> > In addition, I have been working with some people who cannot
> > themselves work in public forums, including mail and news groups.
> > They also wish to make contributions, especially in the areas of
> > Mandatory Access Control, (we need a less overloaded acroynm than
> > "MAC". Any thoughts?) policy description, and security test suites.
> When can i take a look at these contributions? I'm very interested in MAC
> implementations, especially in network environment.

They've just started a Linux version based on a project called FLASK

	http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/flask

They certainly have a bit of a task ahead of them, and have quite a
few lessons to learn about open source. I do hope to encourage them,
within the bonds thy're restricted by.

--

Casey Schaufler                         voice: (650) 933-1634
casey at sgi.com                           fax:   (650) 933-0170