ls command, '+' for ACLs

Casey Schaufler casey at sgi.com
Fri Oct 15 23:26:41 GMT 1999

Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:

> No, I don't. On all systems that I have looked at (Solaris, HPUX, Linux),
> there is a space after the file mode, then room for three digits, like my
> output above.
>
> Is it different on IRIX?
> Is the standard different?

I expect that I did it differently from everyone else. Sigh.

> Btw, why are the ACL library functions specified with _such_ strange
> function parameter types?

Because no one ever expected to use them. If you think about it,
the only ACL functions you really need are acl_to_text and
acl_from_text. The rest is unnecessary.

--

Casey Schaufler                         voice: (650) 933-1634
casey at sgi.com                           fax:   (650) 933-0170