where are the specs

Robert Watson robert at cyrus.watson.org
Thu Mar 4 19:15:55 GMT 1999

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Rik van Riel wrote:

> does anybody happen to know where I could download
> a copy of the specs?  $much is a little out of my
> reach at the moment ;(

Rik,

Unfortunately at this time the IEEE copyright appears to prohibit free
redistribution of the spec.  We currently have two requests in concerning
getting permission to redistribute: one concerning complete copies of the
spec (and hopefully modifications and corrections), the second
specifically for man pages covering the API.  We hope to have responses
soon, but are still waiting.

However, take a look at Winfried's POSIX.1e page at
http://www.guug.de/~winni/posix.1e/

  Robert N Watson

robert at fledge.watson.org              http://www.watson.org/~robert/
PGP key fingerprint: 03 01 DD 8E 15 67 48 73  25 6D 10 FC EC 68 C1 1C

Carnegie Mellon University            http://www.cmu.edu/
TIS Labs at Network Associates, Inc.  http://www.tis.com/
Safeport Network Services             http://www.safeport.com/