PERFORCE change 181154 for review

Garrett Cooper gcooper at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jul 18 23:18:58 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Julien Laffaye <jlaffaye at freebsd.org> wrote:
> http://p4web.freebsd.org/@@181154?ac=10
>
> Change 181154 by jlaffaye at jlaffaye-chulak on 2010/07/18 21:58:13
>
>        Work In Progress!!
>        First step using libarchive(3) instead of tar(1).
>        The code needs to be more tested, especially with flags such as Fake.
>
>        TODO:
>         - Download the file in pkg_do() if it is an url
>         - Read from stdin if the name is "-" in pkg_do()
>         - Re-implement cleanup()
>         - Find packages for dependencies in extract_package()
>         - Add complete package support in pkg_do()
>         - Slave/Master mode?! in pkg_do()

Wouldn't it make more sense for extract_package to be in libpkg,
because it's basically a utility function that would be used by
pkg_add and pkg_complete?

Also, Tim and I discussed initializing the decompressor only once
because it would greatly simplify the code in libpkg today, and would
eliminate wasted CPU cycles used when initializing the decompressor
each time a metadata file is extracted from the archive object.

Sorry to be a wanker on this too, but considering that all of the code
moved over from extract.c is basically `new code', could it be cleaned
up for style(9)?

Thanks,
-Garrett