PERFORCE change 144741 for review

Takahashi Yoshihiro nyan at jp.FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 7 08:43:19 UTC 2008

In article <EF89C58B-6C77-4738-8A77-44BD3B655ED5 at mac.com>
Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt at mac.com> writes:

> > These are wrong.  RSA98-III is based on ns8250 and has extended FIFO
> > buffer.  So I think that the uart_rsa_class should be added.
>
> Oh. In your patch you define it as i8251. I only refactored
> the code. Also, the ns8250 class already supports extended
> FIFOs, so we don't need a separate class for that. I'll
> change it...

No.  My code set sc_class to uart_rsa_class.  It's your mistake.

And then I found another problem in uart_bus_isa.c.  In your code
non-PnP devices for pc98 cannot probe.  My original code was no
problem...

And, RSA has extra registers to control its FIFO buffer.  So we need
additional code to support it.
See: sys/dev/ic/rsa.h and sys/pc98/cbus/sio.c

---
TAKAHASHI Yoshihiro <nyan at jp.FreeBSD.org>