PERFORCE change 135517 for review

Marcel Moolenaar xcllnt at mac.com
Sun Feb 17 18:11:15 PST 2008

On Feb 17, 2008, at 1:36 PM, Rafal Jaworowski wrote:

> Another comment: please note that killing WITH_UBOOT introduces
> another
> problem: now both sys/boot/powerpc/uboot/loader and
> sys/boot/powerpc/ofw/loader are built during buildworld, which may
> be good
> from one point of view, but there's no control over which of the
> loader file
> is taken during installworld: it seems the last one (u-boot's in
> this case)
> overwrites the previous...

Oh, yeah. We need to rename the U-Boot loader...

More comments: with 1GB, the API signature is not found. What we
probably should do is have the platform-specific entry set a
hint, which can be based on the address of the global data. In
other words: on PowerPC in start.S, we save r2 and use that to
control where we're going to search for the API signature.

FYI,

--
Marcel Moolenaar
xcllnt at mac.com