Tue May 22 08:18:52 UTC 2007

Quoting Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at FreeBSD.org> (from Mon, 21 May
2007 20:03:59 GMT):

> http://perforce.freebsd.org/chv.cgi?CH=120191
>
> Change 120191 by hselasky at hselasky_mini_itx on 2007/05/21 20:03:52
>
> 	Add tons of documentation to my Linux USB emulation layer.

You use a non-standard comment style.

If you want to improve this, you can have a look at
dev/sound/pcm/mixer.c. For example the function mixer_get_recroute()
or mix_setrecdevs() has doxygen-style documentation (but
mixer_get_recroute() is missing an explanation for the route
parameter). It's not hard, just some minor reformatting. It also
serves as an example of good function documentation.

If you use this kind of markup, you will not only get the
call/include-graph on a doxygen run, but also a nice API
documentation. If you use the "@internal" keyword
(http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/commands.html#cmdinternal), you
can mark a function as internal to your stack, the rest will be the
official API to use the USB stack. A doxygen command reference is at
http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/commands.html and the complete
documentation is available at
http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/manual.html for reading. A
downloadable version is available too (see the menu on the right side).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
The first rule of intelligent tinkering is to save all the parts.
		-- Paul Erlich