PERFORCE change 119527 for review

Fredrik Lindberg fli at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 9 08:41:15 UTC 2007

Roman Divacky wrote:
> On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 10:29:53PM +0000, Fredrik Lindberg wrote:
>> http://perforce.freebsd.org/chv.cgi?CH=119527
>>
>> Change 119527 by fli at fli_genesis on 2007/05/08 22:29:14
>>
>> 	Add data structures needed by the stack.
>> 	A Double-linked list and a hash table.
>
> what about sys/queue.h ? it provides various abstract data types
> including double-linked list

Yes, I know it does provide that, and I've used it a lot in the past.
A while ago I needed a linked list for another project where I needed
to be independent of FreeBSD. So I rolled my own (with a similar api)
and I've used it ever since. (It can be used both as a stack and queue).

It's not exactly rocket-science and it does increase portability since
this is a userland application.
If there aren't any major objections or other selling points in favor
for sys/queue.h (in a userland application!) I'm just going to leave
it as it is.