PERFORCE change 123376 for review

Oliver Fromme olli at fromme.com
Fri Jul 13 15:02:59 UTC 2007

Alexey Tarasov wrote:
 > Shteryana Shopova wrote:
 > > IMO it is a good idea to try to keep to the rules while coding. Also
 > > all code lines should (must ;)) contain 80 characters max.
 >
 > I'm trying, but large screen gives illusion that lines are short :)

Then you should make your windows narrower.  ;-)

Personally I only use 80-column windows.  Large screens
have the advantage that you can put two (or even more)
of them beside each other, so you can see multiple files
side-by-side.

Therefore I very much appreciate the FreeBSD style(9)
requirement to keep source code within 80 columns width.

Best regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Bunsenstr. 13, 81735 Muenchen, Germany

``We are all but compressed light'' (Albert Einstein)