PERFORCE change 123399 for review

Rui Paulo rpaulo at fnop.net
Fri Jul 13 13:42:56 UTC 2007

Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Thursday 12 July 2007 21:18, Rui Paulo wrote:
>> http://perforce.freebsd.org/chv.cgi?CH=123399
>>
>> Change 123399 by rpaulo at rpaulo_epsilon on 2007/07/12 19:18:01
>>
>> 	For some reason, moused confuses sysmouse after attaching to the
>> 	HID version of the MacBook Bluetooth device.
>> 	For now, blacklist the product id of the Bluetooth controller
>> 	(in HID mode) inside ums(4).
>
> You plan to remove this Quirk at some point?

Yes.

> I personally don't like all these quirks.

What do you mean by "all these quirks" ? This is the only quirk that can
be overcome. The other fix I added for the Fn key in Apple USB keyboards
 is not optional.

> Could you provide a "udesc_dump" from your MacBook and all its devices, so
> that we can have a look?

When I switch my bluetooth controller from HID mode to HCI mode, I see:
ukbd1: at uhub3 port 1 (addr 2) disconnected
ukbd1: detached
ums1: at uhub3 port 1 (addr 2) disconnected
ums1: detached
uhid2: at uhub3 port 1 (addr 2) disconnected
uhid2: detached
ubt0: <vendor 0x05ac product 0x8205, class 224/1, rev 2.00/19.65, addr
2> on uhub3
ubt0: Interface 0 endpoints: interrupt=0x81, bulk-in=0x82, bulk-out=0x2
ubt0: Interface 1 (alt.config 5) endpoints: isoc-in=0x83, isoc-out=0x3;
wMaxPacketSize=49; nframes=6, buffer size=294

If I start X after that, there's something fishy going on that prevents
me from using the keyboard and the other usb mouses that I have attached.

The workaround is to restart all moused instances.

I don't really understand why this happens, because when the bluetooth
controller is switched, the moused on ums1 dies.

--
Rui Paulo