PERFORCE change 123027 for review

Constantine A. Murenin cnst at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jul 7 00:37:25 UTC 2007

On 06/07/2007 19:52, Rui Paulo wrote:

> Constantine A. Murenin wrote:
>
>>http://perforce.freebsd.org/chv.cgi?CH=123027
>>
>>Change 123027 by cnst at dale on 2007/07/06 18:37:09
>>
>>	Improved the script, now it creates the dev/lm directory if it doesn't exist, and renames the files if they already exist, so that the new files can be linked. (Previously, it was just giving errors in these circumstances.)
>>
>>Affected files ...
>>
>>.. //depot/projects/soc2007/cnst-sensors/sensors.ln.sh#2 edit
>

> I think that using a script to do this is wrong.
> Is it possible that you could create a branch for your project based on
> the freebsd vendor branch ? Then you could integrate it from time to
> time. I know you don't like p4, but this is very easy to do.
> This way, you can create a diff against HEAD more easily and it also
> allows other folks to test your patches/drivers without any hassle.
>
> If you need any help, just don't hesitate to ask me.

Thank you for your concern, rpaulo!

All files that exist in FreeBSD are already branched in my own branch
from the freebsd vendor branch, hence I will in fact do integration from
time to time as you suggest.

I think I will use the current scheme for the moment -- branching only
the files/directories that I am directly going to work on. I will then
see if any other kinds of branching will be necessary, and will act
accordingly.

Also note that my script is not destructive -- it doesn't remove any
files, except for links. ;)

Cheers,
Constantine.