PERFORCE change 97634 for review

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Wed May 24 03:50:28 UTC 2006

On Monday 22 May 2006 16:15, John Birrell wrote:
> http://perforce.freebsd.org/chv.cgi?CH=97634
>
> Change 97634 by jb at jb_freebsd2 on 2006/05/22 20:15:14
>
> 	Change the kernel linker to use an sx lock instead of a mutex so that
> 	DTrace can list all linker files while holding the lock and still be
> 	able to malloc with wait to create probes.
>
> 	Add a function to list the function names and their values. This function
> 	assumes that the lock is held while listing the files, so no additional
> 	locking is attempted.

I need to give you my kernel linker locking patch to avoid future pain.  It
fixes the kernel linker lock to actually protect all of the linker and adds
a foreach-style function to call a handler on each linker_file_t.  I haven't
committed it yet as it needs testing with ndis.  Maybe I will post it to
current@ tomorrow.

--
John Baldwin