PERFORCE change 95068 for review

Marcel Moolenaar marcel at xcllnt.net
Wed Apr 12 22:12:24 UTC 2006

On Apr 12, 2006, at 9:02 AM, John Baldwin wrote:

> On Wednesday 12 April 2006 10:50, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
>> http://perforce.freebsd.org/chv.cgi?CH=95068
>>
>> Change 95068 by marcel at marcel_nfs on 2006/04/12 14:49:30
>>
>> 	Replace the rmask and rval arrays with vendor, device, subvendor
>> 	and subdevice variables. When subvendor is 0xffff, don't test the
>> 	subvendor and subdevice values. This strips 24 bytes from the
>> 	description.
>> 	While here, sort the list on vendor, device, subvendor and
>> 	subdevice.
>
> I guess you expanded any entries that were using masks other than
> 0xffff?  (I think there were only a handful if any).

Not yet. I looked at the latest pucdata.c in NetBSD and more entries
with masks other than 0xffff have been added. While the handful we
had looked like mistakes (was 0xfffc, should probably be 0xfffe), the
new ones don't. I need to investigate, because if the mask is used
as a quick and dirty way to add multiple boards with a single entry
then I'm not sure it's a good thing. For different boards, different
descriptions are better. In that case I will expand. Otherwise I may
end up bringing back the mask.

The entries in question have a /* MASK */ comment as a reminder.

  Marcel Moolenaar         USPA: A-39004          marcel at xcllnt.net