PERFORCE change 48113 for review

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Mar 4 00:14:40 PST 2004

In message: <200403040632.i246WjMM020004 at repoman.freebsd.org>
            Peter Wemm <peter at freebsd.org> writes:
: 	stl is a lost cause. I reread it, it needs major surgery, not
: 	 a mere splitup.  It uses the old pci and the old isa shims and
: 	 does inline i386 asm.  (ie: its a linux driver beaten up to
: 	 compile on freebsd)

Actually, there's no i386 asm that I saw in this driver when I was
doing the conversion.  It is not a linux driver converted to FreeBSD,
it was written natively for lots of BSDs and hasn't been kept up to
date (the Stallion Linux driver is terrible in comparison).  I'll
grant that it does use the old shim code, which is why I became
interested in it (and why I've started a conversion for it).

Warner