PERFORCE change 36551 for review

Marcel Moolenaar marcel at xcllnt.net
Fri Aug 22 10:36:09 PDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 12:54:02PM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:

> On 21-Aug-2003 Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 01:13:03PM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
> >>
> >> I'd still be interested to see what the MADT output from acpidump
> >> is on one of these machines.
> >
> > See http://people.freebsd.org/~marcel/acpidump.txt
> > I just made it.
>
> Lots of IO SAPICs, and no ISA interrupts at all it seems.
> (iosapic 0 has intbase of 16).

Correct.

> The sio(4) IRQ testing code just needs to die in general I think.
> Perhaps we could axe isa_irq_pending() since it is the one main MI
> consumer of that hack.

Agreed.

> > So, please. Do not blur the distinction by having it all mapped as
> > ISA devices. I really don't want to have to shoot you :-)
>
> Well, the other alternative is to add an ACPI attachment for every
> ISA device.  I'm sure you can appreciate my lack of zeal for this
> option. :(

Moving forward I would think that you replace ISA bus attachments
with ACPI bus attachments until such time you don't have any ISA
drivers anymore. That is, you probably need drivers for ISA devices
that exist on alpha, so you'll end up with a handful of drivers
that have both ACPI and ISA. Hmmm, I don't know if this holds for
pc98 or not?

 Marcel Moolenaar	  USPA: A-39004		 marcel at xcllnt.net