xfce4-desktop: excluding Thunar breaks build

Andreas Koga koga at kabelmail.de
Tue Mar 24 18:56:25 UTC 2015

Hi,

Firstly, I'd like to express my thanks for the hard work you porters put
into making FreeBSD a viable OS. Without you guys it would be a mess of
code and dependencies that the user would have to fight with to get 3rd
party software to work on FBSD.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this, but when I build
with Poudriere, x11-wm/xfce4-desktop doesn't build when Thunar is
excluded from the build options. (See attached
xfce4-desktop-4.12.1-WITHOUTthunar.log.) Mysteriously though, it will
build when Thunar is included. The reason for the failure when Thunar is
excluded:

    checking for exo-1 >= 0.7.0... not found

I checked the Poudriere logs and libexo built with no problems.
xfce4-desktop is the only package that failed during the Poudriere
session. I noted a difference between when Thunar is excluded and
included for xfce4-desktop:

    With Thunar enabled in xfce4-desktop build option:

    [101amd64-default-job-01] `-- Installing libexo-0.10.4...

    Without Thunar, the above is absent. Again, libexo was built by
    Poudriere with no issues.

I've included logs for both conditions. If you need my complete
Poudriere logs, let me know and I can send them to you.

Again, thanks for the fabulous work you and your group does.

Best,

Andreas