ports/183690: x11-wm/xfce4: XFCE4 Tango icon theme is incomplete or not all-sufficient

Olivier Duchateau duchateau.olivier at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 18:20:05 UTC 2013

The following reply was made to PR ports/183690; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Olivier Duchateau <duchateau.olivier at gmail.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, rosti.bsd at gmail.com
Subject: Re: ports/183690: x11-wm/xfce4: XFCE4 Tango icon theme is
 incomplete or not all-sufficient
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 19:17:23 +0000

 This issue won't be fixed by upstream, because they leave choice to users.

 Tango icons theme was chosen by us, because Rodent (default icons theme) was abandonned since 4.4 release. At the time, Tango was sufficient.

 Currently I'm working on next stable of Parole (Xfce's multimedia player) and main developers use symbolic icons. I asked to replace some icons from other, because Tango and GNOME don't have.
 So GNOME in future will not necessarily be right choice.

 --
 olivier