Corruption in xenstored tdb file?

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Tue Mar 16 07:06:37 UTC 2021

	hello.  Following up on this further, it seems there may be a timing issue related to this
after all.  If I bring up a NetBSD-5.2 VM, the VM comes up  without a problem and xennet0 works
just as it should.  I can do this time and time again without any trouble.
However, if I bring up a NetBSD-99.77 (current as of January 28 2021), I get the behavior I
described in the previous message.  It's obviously some kind of race condition, since if I
reboot the NetBSD-current VM several times, I can get it to come up with a network interface
occasionally.  However, not enough to make it usable.
	Also, since I wrote last, I updated to 12.2-release--p4, just to see if that made things
better.  It did not.  I suspect, but don't know for sure, that the issue is that NetBSD-current
is issuing commands on the xenbus faster than it did in NetBSD-5.  If that's true, then I think
the problem lies with FreeBSD, as, in my view, a VM guest shouldn't be able to trigger a race
condition in the host side of the server, which is what appears to be happening here.
	Is there a way to get a trace of the communications between the domU's and the dom0 so I
can see the differences between what NetBSD used to do  and what it does today?

-thanks
-Brian