HEADS UP: merged PVHv2 support and future plans

Roger Pau Monné royger at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 30 10:19:34 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 11:04:44AM +0200, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
[...]
> After introducing PVHv2 PVHv1 was deprecated and PVHv1 has been
> removed from the hypervisor in recent versions, that's why the Xen
> ports package is still stuck with Xen 4.7, because later versions
> removed PVHv1 support. With the addition of PVHv2 to FreeBSD the port
> can be updated to newer Xen versions and we can move forward.

Packages for Xen 4.11 are now available in pkg.

Remember that in order to use those you need a very recent FreeBSD
kernel (r336475 or newer) and the Xen command line has slightly changed,
so dom0=pvh must be used instead of dom0pvh in order to boot. I will
see about changing this in the handbook.

Roger.