HEADS UP: merged PVHv2 support and future plans

Roger Pau Monné royger at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 19 12:54:30 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 12:46:07PM +0000, Marcin Cieslak wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2018, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Today I've merged PVHv2 support into FreeBSD, allowing FreeBSD to be
> > used as a PVHv2 DomU and Dom0. While it's not a huge set of changes,
> > I would *really* appreciate if people could test the code starting
> > from r336474 (or any later changeset).
>
> Hi Roger, I am ready to test it on my (small) setup, should I keep
> existing 4.7 running as is and just upgrade the Dom0?

Yes, just update the FreeBSD kernel.

> Or should I upgrade Xen too?

I haven't updated the Xen package, so there's no easy way ATM to test
using a PVHv2 Dom0. Let's focus first on making sure I didn't break
existing setups.

Thanks, Roger.