Testing request: Grant table handlers integrated with the bus_dma(9) API

Pratyush Yadav pratyush at freebsd.org
Fri Dec 14 13:54:00 UTC 2018

Hi freebsd-xen@

I participated in Google Summer of Code this summer. My project was to
Import the Xen grant-table bus_dma(9) handlers from OpenBSD [0]. The
code is up for review, and will be merged soon hopefully. But, I have
only tested it on my system with my configurations. Even though I have
tried to be thorough, I might have missed something that does not
manifest itself on my setup. So, if any of you are able to, I would
like you to test the patch and give me feedback/bug reports before it
gets committed.

The code does not add any new features or remove anything. So, you
should not have to change anything at all to make it work. The system
should keep working exactly like before. If you find any deviance from
previous behaviour, please report it.

The patch changes the kernel, so apply it and re-build the kernel. You
shouldn't have to re-build the world AFAICT.

You can find the reviews for the patches here [1][2][3][4]. It is
split into 4 patches, so for your convenience I have attached a
combined patch with this email. If you have any suggestions about the
code, please let me know in the review.

[0] https://wiki.freebsd.org/SummerOfCode2018Projects/ImportXenbus_dmaFromOpenBSD
[1] https://reviews.freebsd.org/D18550
[2] https://reviews.freebsd.org/D18551