'Live' Migrate messes up NTP on FreeBSD domU - any suggestions?

Karl Pielorz kpielorz_lst at tdx.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 13:59:28 UTC 2016

--On 22 July 2016 13:55 +0200 Roger Pau Monné <roger.pau at citrix.com> wrote:

> In my environment I've migrated a FreeBSD VM with 2 cpus for > 100
> consecutive times without seeing any issues (or freezes), although this
> was  with OSS Xen and without xe-guest-utilities. Karl, have you tested
> HEAD  recently?

Ok, I have tested this with r303286 - it seems to work OK. The hosts gain
no time that I can see while migrating, and NTP stays happy.

I did get a panic after about 40 migrations - but that seems to be some
network issue or something...

   ('panic called with 0 available queues / dbt_trace_self_wrapper / vpanic
/ kassert_panic / xn_txq_mq_start / ether_output / udp_send / sosend_dgram
/ kern_sendit / sendit / sys_sendto / amd64_syscall / Xfast_syscall)

I don't have a crashdump (failed). I did get a backtrace, for what it's
worth.

I'm running the test again now (in case it panics again - I'll try harder
to get a dump just in case).

-Karl