HEAD UP: notice to FreeBSD/Xen Dom0 users

Roger Pau Monné royger at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 17 10:52:18 UTC 2015

Hello,

El 15/08/15 a les 15.36, Outback Dingo ha escrit:
> HEAD UP on 10.2 the instructions found at
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/FreeBSD_Dom0
>  git branch
>  master
> * stable-4.5
>

> no longer appear to work
>
> gmake -j8 install-tools HOSTCC=gcc48 CC=gcc48
>
> fails with
> __________SNIP__________
> gmake[3]: Entering directory
> '/usr/home/dingo/xen/tools/qemu-xen-dir-remote'
>  GEN   config-host.h
>  GEN   trace/generated-tracers.h
>  GEN   trace/generated-tracers.c
>  LINK  qemu-nbd
>  LINK  qemu-img
> c++  LINK  qemu-io
> : error: unknown argument: '-fstack-protector-strong'
> c++: error: unknown argument: '-fstack-protector-strong'

I've tried to reproduce this with a fresh checkout without success. I
guess you have some libraries in your system that change the way Qemu is
built. In any case, can you try the following rune:

gmake -j8 install-tools HOSTCC=gcc48 CC=gcc48 HOSTCXX=g++48 CXX=g++48

Also, did you perform a distclean before building? (If the tree is not a
fresh checkout).

Roger.