disk loss

Mark Felder feld at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 20 12:34:25 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 02:09, Egoitz Aurrekoetxea wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I would recommend you using NFS instead of iSCSI. It’s far more better to
> handle the connection to disk arrays (the FreeNAS in this situation)
> through a mature and stable protocol like NFS
> and not something manipulating blocks directly. I would advise you to
> rely the responsibility of serving the SR to NFS.

You can't have redundant paths with NFS (in FreeBSD), though. I'm not so
sure everyone would agree that NFS is mature and stable, either :-)

My personal experience with building a Xen+FreeBSD cluster concluded
that NFS was far too slow and unreliable, and a properly configured
iSCSI with multiple paths and proper alignment was extremely fast.