Routing/NAT problem on Xenserver 6.2 with virtual firewall

Karl Pielorz kpielorz_lst at tdx.co.uk
Fri Oct 10 10:54:32 UTC 2014

--On 12 September 2014 14:50 +0200 Marko Lerota <mlerota at pdsvelebit.hr>
wrote:

> Thanks Karl. It may be something that is 'easy' to fix. ICMP traffic
> already goes through. So why not just add TCP/UDP in the code :-)
> It would be a shame that I have to use Iptables again. Any of the
> free DEVs are listening? I'm buying a beer :-).

Replying late as I've just walked into this issue, yet again - which
prompts me to ask:

  - Is there any way of having the FreeBSD virtual machine use the Xen disk
services, but the legacy 'realtek' network card?

I had asked about this a while ago - I think someone said it would be 'very
tricky' - and much later someone replied that it might be possible...

That would hopefully give us some agility back to these machines - which at
the moment are languishing on a separate pool - running pure HVM, which is
a real pain for backend storage changes / upgrades :(

Maybe it's time for beer++? :)

-Karl