FreeBSD 10 in XenServer 6.2

Anjan Upadhya anjanu at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 15:59:32 UTC 2014

Hi,

We are experimenting with FreeBSD 10 GENERIC kernel on Citrix XenServer 6.2
and build number 70446c.

Our assumption from reading the FBSD 10 docs is that now being a Xen guest
is natively supported and we don't need to compile a custom kernel to make
it work. However, we are seeing dismal performance on disk and network
access. Its just generally very slow.

We have installed the xe-guest-tools port and enabled it. The VM with FBSD
has the highest processor priority and have 8 gigs of Ram. FreeBSD is
installed with ZFS enabled.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. This is a high priority project
for us and we need to resolve this rather quickly. Looking forward to your
response.

Regards,
Anjan Upadhya.