svn commit: r251297 - head/sys/dev/xen/netfront

Colin Percival cperciva at freebsd.org
Mon Jun 3 21:07:47 UTC 2013

On 06/03/13 06:00, Andre Oppermann wrote:
> Log:
>   Specify a maximum TSO length limiting the segment chain to what the
>   Xen host side can handle after defragmentation.
>
>   This prevents the driver from throwing away too long TSO chains and
>   improves the performance on Amazon AWS instances with 10GigE virtual
>   interfaces to the normally expected throughput.

Thanks!

For the benefit of the list: This (and the r251296, which provides the
network stack infrastructure which this commit uses) was the last of the
"make FreeBSD behave well in Amazon EC2" patches I've been carrying around
(and building into my EC2 images) for the past two years.

Now the only step remaining to make FreeBSD/EC2 pure "straight off the
RELEASE ISO" FreeBSD is to get Xen HVM functionality into GENERIC.

--
Colin Percival