Panic with FreeBSD 10 RC2 on Netbsd Xen dom0

Mike C. miguelmclara at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 01:38:08 UTC 2013

I've reported this to xen-devel I while ago.

It worked in the first FreeBSD-10 current releases but them it stoped, I
believe a previous issue was re-introduced somehow!

NetBSD Xen backend does not support TSO/GSO at all, there was a very
similar problem in FreeBSD 9 a while a go, and my guess is that the code
tried to use TSO again, and leads to problems if the Dom0 is NetBSD.

Also more recently I had problems with Windows GPLPV drivers, and the
dev tracked the issue to the same.. however in windows DomU's if I
disabled TSO it would work.
In FreeBSD at least until Aplha 5, I tried to disable TSO but it still
wouldn't work.

Thanks