FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE Xen error xennet_get_responses: too many frags 7 > max 5

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea Aurre egoitz at ramattack.net
Tue Sep 27 17:06:25 UTC 2011

Good afternoon,

I'm doing some checks on a FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE VM running XENHVM kernel in
a XenCloud Virtualization host machine. I'm starting to see this errors :

xennet_get_responses: too many frags 6 > max 5
xennet_get_responses: too many frags 7 > max 5
xennet_get_responses: too many frags 6 > max 5
xennet_get_responses: too many frags 6 > max 5
xennet_get_responses: too many frags 6 > max 5
xennet_get_responses: too many frags 6 > max 5
xennet_get_responses: too many frags 7 > max 5
xennet_get_responses: too many frags 6 > max 5
xennet_get_responses: too many frags 6 > max 5
xennet_get_responses: too many frags 6 > max 5
xennet_get_responses: too many frags 6 > max 5

I have read about this error and know that under future 9.0-RELEASE this
will be fixed. I have seen which patch is applied and so... but this
brings me to the following question... could this affect under 8.2-RELEASE
to the VM network performance?.

Thanks a lot for you're answer.

Godd bye!