[FreeBSD 8.2 amd64 XENHVM] DomU terrible network performance trought NAT

Guillaume Seigneuret gs at omegacube.fr
Thu May 12 15:19:28 UTC 2011

Maybe you should have a look on the tcp window size values.
I had such a behavior with two gateways who was not playing the same way
with the TCP window size which made my network damn slow.
If you have a linux gateway in front of your FreeBSD VM, it should be this.

Command
Description
sysctl net.inet.tcp.rfc1323=1 Activate window scaling and timestamp options
according to RFC 1323.sysctl ipc.maxsockbuf=*[sbmax]* Set maximum size of
TCP window.sysctl net.inet.tcp.recvspace=*[wstd]* Set default size of TCP
receive window.sysctl net.inet.tcp.sendspace=*[wstd]* Set default size of
TCP transmit window.sysctl kern.ipc.nmbclusters View maximum number of mbuf
clusters. Used for storage of data packets to/from the network interface.
Can only be set att boot time - see above. sysctl net.inet.tcp.liondmask=7Used
to enable the "netlion" patch above.

Cordialement,
*Guillaume Seigneuret*

*Network and System Security Architect*
 *Web* :          http://www.omegacube.fr
 *Address* :
Hôtel Technologique Marseille Innovation - BP 100
45 rue Frederic Joliot Curie
Technopôle de Château Gombert
13382 Marseille Cedex 13