does anyone have Xen running on an AMD system?

Colin Percival cperciva at freebsd.org
Mon Mar 7 05:38:03 UTC 2011

On 03/06/11 04:45, Dr Josef Karthauser wrote:
> Hi Colin,
> Did you every manage to find a fix for this 'panic: pmap_init: page table page is out
> of range' panic when sensible amounts of memory are allocated to a FreeBSD PV XEN kernel?
> I think you said that you were working on something in January.

The bug I fixed back in January was a panic on AMD CPUs with amdc1e (Xen gets
unhappy when you try to halt the CPU...).  The 'page table page is out of range'
bug was mentioned at the time but I didn't have a chance to track it down (and I
can't test that on EC2 since t1.micro instances only have 600 MB of RAM and the
larger instance types don't work with FreeBSD for other reasons).

I'll try to make sure this gets fixed before 9.0-RELEASE (~3 months off?) --
if someone can give me SSH access to a box where I can launch instances which
show this bug, it will probably get fixed sooner (debugging via email is a
nuisance...).

--
Colin Percival
Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve