fpudna: fpcurthread == curthread XXXX times

Sergi sergi at estrafolari.com
Wed Jun 1 08:00:06 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm working with full virtual FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p1 domU under debian squeeze and xen-hypervisor-4.0-amd64.

If I cfg this hvm with cpu > 4 :

  vcpus    = 5

these messages block the server :

  fpudna: fpcurthread == curthread XXXX times

The machine is pingable but I'm unable to ssh to it.

On single user it works fine, fsck an so on ok, but when switching to multiuser these fpudna messages start flooding.

I've googled but haven't found anything; something from 2005 about fpudna :

  http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-amd64/2005-April/004413.html

and this link, but I don't have the options he mentions enabled on the kernel :

Has anyone stepped on this behaviour before?, is there any workaround?
The machine really seems to detect cpu's available and responds to keyboard on VNC, but it's impossible to see whats written down because of the messages flooding the screen.

Thanks,
regards,
Sergi