FreebBSD 8.1-STABLE i386 PV DomU kernel panic at HYPERVISOR_update_va_mapping

Linda Messerschmidt linda.messerschmidt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 17:52:32 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 7:48 AM, Yuriy Kohut <ykohut at onapp.com> wrote:
> The kernel get into panic while booting:
> ----
> panic: HYPERVISOR_update_va_mapping(((unsigned long)(va)), (pa | 0x002 | 0x001 |

For 8.1 you must build your kernel without the keyboard drivers for
the time being.  This issue is pretty well documented at this point,
so you should be able to find the instructions pretty readily.

I've done this and it doesn't seem to hurt anything (the Xen "serial
console" for the machine still works fine).