Xen PV drivers for FreeBSD

Luke Marsden luke-lists at hybrid-logic.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 14:26:05 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 09:24 -0800, Sean Bruno wrote:
> The version in -CURRENT and FreeBSD 8 that Justin is talking about is
> very stable.
>
> I will be updating FreeBSD 7 and 6 today.  You will need to update from
> source to get this version as it is not on the release ISOs
>
> We are using it a lot at Yahoo.  It is very stable.

Just to add another positive data-point, inspired by this post (thanks
Sean!) I've just got 8.1-RELEASE working well on Flexiant, a UK-based
Xen HVM cloud infrastructure provider.

Here are the incantations I used to get it running stably:
http://lukemarsden.net/blog/2010/11/running-freebsd-8-1-as-a-xen-hvm-domu-on-flexiant/

--
Best Regards,
Luke Marsden