kern/153511: [xen] [panic] kernel panic when xen disk is detached

Colin Percival cperciva at freebsd.org
Wed Dec 29 16:10:15 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR kern/153511; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Colin Percival <cperciva at freebsd.org>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, cperciva at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: kern/153511: [xen] [panic] kernel panic when xen disk is detached
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 08:08:54 -0800

 This panic is happening because we don't have a .pic_disable_intr -- when
 the interrupt is being killed, pic_disable_intr gets invoked which doesn't
 work very well when it's NULL.

 I have a patch which seems to fix this panic, which I'll commit later today
 or tomorrow assuming no problems turn up in further testing.

 --
 Colin Percival
 Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve