kern/140313: [xen] [panic] FreeBSD8 RC2 as PV domU crashes during configure of security/libgcrypt

Colin Percival cperciva at freebsd.org
Sat Dec 25 10:10:10 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR kern/140313; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Colin Percival <cperciva at freebsd.org>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, mister.olli at googlemail.com
Subject: Re: kern/140313: [xen] [panic] FreeBSD8 RC2 as PV domU crashes during
 configure of security/libgcrypt
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 02:06:45 -0800

 Test case:

 #include <sys/mman.h>
 int main()
 {
         int i;
         mlock(&i, 4);
         return (0);
 }

 This appears to have been partially fixed by SVN r204160, but pmap_pte_release
 needs to be updated the same way as pmap_pte.  I'll commit this once I've had
 a chance to test further.

 --
 Colin Percival
 Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve