RELENG_8_0 on Xen 3.4

Jon Otterholm jon.otterholm at ide.resurscentrum.se
Mon Apr 19 20:19:41 UTC 2010

We are testing FreeBSD-8 on Xen and ran into some problems.

We want to use "xm save" to save state on running guests and this does not
work after we added XENHVM and XENPCI to the kernconf. Running the kernel
from install-cd workes well. If I build a GENERIC kernel it fails in bootup.

What is the difference between GENERIC kernconf and the kernel shipped on
install-cd? Why does "xm save" fail when we added XENHVM and XENPCI?

Info:
HostOS: openSUSE 11.2 (x86_64)
# uname -a
Linux xen0-0 2.6.31.12-0.1-xen #1 SMP 2010-01-27 08:20:11 +0100 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

XEN version: 3.4.1_19718_04

GuestOS: Freebsd 8.0-RELEASE-p2 AMD64

//JO