FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE Xen DomU (HVM) success

Sylwester Sosnowski syso.fml at no-route.org
Thu Mar 26 18:53:11 PDT 2009

Hi,

I've successfully set up FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE amd64 in a Xen DomU
with HVM (Hardware Virtual Machine).
For some reason the DomU didn't mount root if ACPI was disabled
in the Xen configuration (acpi=0). The whole setup was pretty stable
and fast. I've measured a network throughput (using a RTL8139+
virtual interface, ioemu, 100Mbit/s Fast Ethernet) of 94-96 Mbit/s
between Dom0 and DomU. The clock source also seems to be stable.

You can find my configuration and some dmesg output here[1].

If anyone is interested in following my work, feel free to contact
me by E-Mail or by answering here.

Regards,
Sylwester