DomU time resets

Dan Johnson dan_johnson at doomed.us
Wed Feb 11 08:31:46 PST 2009

I also had a problem with this, however on my setup for some reason it
would still revert the time to Jan 25th 2009 every minute or so,
presumably ntpd didn't know what to do with the time that far out of
whack.

sysctl xen.independent_wallclock=1 didn't seem to do anything, so i
changed sys/i386/xen/clock.c

        if (shadow_tv_version != HYPERVISOR_shared_info->wc_version) {
        if ((shadow_tv_version != HYPERVISOR_shared_info->wc_version)
&&  (independent_wallclock!=1)) {

Kludgy i'm sure, but it stopped the Jan25th thing. My time still skews
slowly, but ntpd should be able to adjust that without changing ntpds
tolerances.