Xen in Virtual Machine?

Julian Stecklina js at alien8.de
Mon Feb 9 16:35:24 PST 2009

Kip Macy <kmacy at freebsd.org> writes:

> Running Xen under vmware works fine (albeit slowly, and periodically
> exposing bugs in vmware) - I've done it many times. You're likely to
> run in to problems on less mature platforms that rely on hardware
> virtualization. However, there is no fundamental reason that
> paravirtualized guests should not work there.

I'll try VMWare. Thanks for the advice. I am still puzzled why Xen
presents such a problem for hardware-virtualization based VMMs. Maybe
the virtualization guys at our university can clear that up...

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

Well, take it from an old hand: the only reason it would be easier to
program in C is that you can't easily express complex problems in C,
so you don't. - Erik Naggum (in comp.lang.lisp)