Problems with FreeBSD 8-CURRENT as Xen domU

Atom Powers apowers at digipen.edu
Mon Dec 14 14:06:01 PST 2009

Just checking, but doesn't this break the freebsd-update process;
necessitating a the use of the old patch process?
"
Note: The freebsd-update only works with the GENERIC kernel. If any
changes have been made to GENERIC or a custom kernel has been installed,
freebsd-update will not complete -- failing in the former case and
producing an error in the latter.
"
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/updating-freebsdupdate.html

Дмитрий Ищук wrote:
> In real that's easy. Also link to handbook not applicable for freebsd8.
>
> View hov I run FreeBSD 8.0 in Xen Dom0 under Linux Debian.
>
> http://www.ita.com.ua/eng/articles.htm?id=34

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
Atom Powers