FreeBSD Xen domU ?

Luke Marsden luke at digital-crocus.com
Tue Dec 1 12:07:31 UTC 2009

Hi Kip,

Thanks for your reply. I'll see what I can do about getting the precise
version (which I believe is indeed 3.0.3) and patches for you. Amazon say on
http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/ that "we work with our partners and community to
provide you with the most choice possible. You are also empowered to use our
bundling tools to upload your own operating systems"... so I'll attempt to
hold them to that :)

I'm also happy to contribute a paid EC2 account for development (within
reason) since if we can't precisely replicate locally the environment they
run then I imagine the next-best thing would be for you to have access to
one of their instances which you can upload OS images to and debug FreeBSD
as an EC2 DomU that way. Would you be interested in that?

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help / facilitate. I'll
post again when I've got in touch with Amazon.

Cheers,
Luke Marsden
Hybrid Logic Ltd.