finishing up the xen port - would funding help?

Michael David Crawford mdc at prgmr.com
Sat Aug 29 07:59:50 UTC 2009

For working on the FreeBSD DomU, what should we use for the Xen kernel
and the Dom0?

Most people use Linux for Dom0 I think, but I understand you can also
use Solaris.

I was running the bleeding edge sources for a while, and I was able to
get them to work, but not well.  I eventually abandoned the effort out
of frustration.

However we might need some changes to the Xen or to the Dom0 sources, so
maybe it would be best to work with the bleeding edge.

A problem I had is that I was trying to use Xen to support the
development of my own cross-platform product.  This machine has a RAID
that contains *all* of my files, going back almost twenty years.  So I
was a little hesitant to boot just any kernel on it.

But now I have another box, purely for experimental use, that doesn't
have any manner of precious data on it.  I can freely run anything on
it, without fear of losing anything valuable.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdc at prgmr.com

    prgmr.com - We Don't Assume You Are Stupid.

       Xen-Powered Virtual Private Servers: http://prgmr.com/xen