FreeBSD on domU, now

Julian Stecklina js at alien8.de
Wed Apr 22 18:39:27 UTC 2009

Alex Urbanowicz <alex.urbanowicz at artegence.com> writes:

> Hello!
>
> I need to set up a FreeBSD domU on a CentOS box, for testing purposes
> and maybe later for production app. Any documentation I found basically
> redirects me to Kip Macy's fsmware.com which is down. Is there a mirror
> of the stuff anywhere? Is there a possibility of setting the stuff up
> from grounds up without having to keep a separate FreeBSD box for
> building bootstrap?

So far a separate FreeBSD build box is the best way to go. You can set
this up in the virtualization solution of your choice. VirtualBox and
KVM work well.

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day
they start making vacuum cleaners - Ernst Jan Plugge